Banana Chia Pudding
In honor of National Banana Day, we’re posting one of our favorite Banana Recipes that’s both healthy AND delicious. Banana Chia Pudding is a super quick and easy way to make a no cook, no heat, allergy friendly pudding. Sweetened with fruit, it has no added sugar and is actually both vegan and paleo approved!
You can make this Banana Chia Pudding with coconut milk, cows milk, soy milk, almond milk– literally whichever milk you would prefer or can tolerate.
yield: 2 SMALL PUDDINGS prep time: 2 MINUTES total time: 2 MINUTES
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Blend the banana and coconut milk together as if you were making a smoothie
- Add the chia seeds, give a few pulses to mix them in through the smoothie, but so as not to completely demolish them. You can also just stir them in if you prefer
- Pour into a serving bowl or jar, refrigerate for a minimum of 20 mins before serving
- Chia seeds take time to soften and gel, so make sure you leave the pudding for a minimum of 20 mins before serving for that smooth, custard-like texture.
- This recipe has no added sugar, so a little maple syrup, honey, or even a date popped into the smoothie will add sweetness.
Recipe Credit: My Kids Lick the Bowl